Woah, we’re half way there – Yes the Premier League has reached the half way stage and of course some fans will be living on a prayer that their club doesn’t get sucked into the Championship at the end of May.
Last week was a slightly better week with one correct score and five correct results. It seems I was a bit optimistic on the Man City v Spurs result thinking that Pochettino’s men might be able to to bring City’s streak to the end. The correct result was Man Utd v West Brom which probably wasn’t a surprise.
So to this week, with it being Christmas, the Premier League dropped their Christmas Eve late kick off for Arsenal v Liverpool, to a Friday night (Arsenal and Liverpool on a Friday night brings out cold sweats)
- Arsenal 1-3 Liverpool Liverpool do the double on
- Brighton 1-2 Watford Hornets ground the gulls
- Burnley 1-3 Tottenham Spurs down the Clarets
- Everton 0-2 Chelsea Big Sam’s first defeat
- Leicester C 1-3 Man Utd Reds bounce back from Cup exit
- Man City 4-0 Bournemouth City machine storms on
- Southampton 2-0 Huddersfield Saints have a happy Christmas
- Stoke City 1-1 West Brom Honours even
- Swansea City 1-2 C.Palace Eagles march on
- West Ham 2-1 Newcastle Utd Hammers beat Toon
Should be a happy Christmas for the big teams, whilst my predictions for West Ham will see them going in with festive cheer whilst it’s a bit more gloomy for the relegation battlers. They say usually those in the bottom three at Christmas are heading for relegation, but with six points separating 12th to 20th, things may not always be straight forward.
Week 20 will be advanced as will be busy with Christmas so see you on the otherside of the big day.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and see you in 2018