A full week of Premier League fixtures this week (weather permitting) and hopefully will turn out better than last week when I could only muster one correct score and two correct results. Thanks to Tottenham and Liverpool victories, I got two correct results and whilst a 1-1 draw between Leicester and Stoke gave me an exact scoreline.
This week should hopefully provide a few more correct results if not scorelines but Ive said that before haven’t I. So here goes.
- Brighton 1-3 Arsenal Gunners get much needed win
- Burnley 2-1 Everton Clarets strengthen top 10
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Man Utd United keep edge on second
- Leicester City 2-1 Bournemouth Foxes bit the cherries
- Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle Utd Reds too strong for Toon
- Man City 2-0 Chelsea Chelsea lose again
- Southampton 1-1 Stoke City Saints take a point
- Swansea City 2-1 West Ham Swans marching to safety
- Tottenham 3-0 Huddersfield Spurs keep top four hopes
- Watford 2-1 West Brom Hornets take another win
Some crucial fixtures for teams both chasing top four and teams battling for Premier League survival. City of course barring a repeat of Newcastle blowing the title, they have one hand securely holding the Premier League title. The battle is for Champions League places and with the top four all going to the group stages of the competition it means that one from Man Utd, Liverpool,Chelsea and Tottenham will find their european competition played on a Thursday night. Six points separate second place Man Utd and fifth place Chelsea with Liverpool and Tottenham in third and fourth respectively.
Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham should all record wins whilst Chelsea look certain to face not only a second league defeat in a row but back to back defeats to Manchester opposition, should the other three win and Chelsea lose as predicted then there will be a five point gap between Spurs and Chelsea.
At the other end it continues to be more gloom for West Brom as a predicted defeat sees the Baggies see the gap extend further as Stoke take a point against Southampton, which does neither club any good. Taking advantage of other teams struggles is Swansea City who will move further up the table although the points difference wont be much.