The FA Cup weekend is over and its time for a midweek round of Premier League fixtures and the final round of January. Some teams will be looking forward to putting the FA Cup 4th round behind them as well as the previous Premier League weekend.
Talking of the previous Premier League weekend, it wasn’t a great week only three correct results and one score. High flying league leaders Man City who beat Newcastle Utd whilst there were three correct results. Arsenal Chelsea and Stoke City providing some prediction joy the previous week
- Chelsea 2-0 Bournemouth Blues add another to the win column
- Everton 1-2 Leicester City Evertons woes continue
- Huddersfield 0-3 Liverpool Reds bounce back from defeats
- Man City 2-1 West Brom City strengthen top spot
- Newcastle Utd 2-1 Burnley Toon pull off needed win
- Southampton 3-1 Brighton Saints win South Coast clash
- Stoke City 2-1 Watford City moving up
- Swansea City 1-3 Arsenal Gunners stroll to three points
- Tottenham 2-2 Man Utd Spurs and United battle for a point
- West Ham 2-1 Crystal Palace Hammers nick three points
Expect the usual results as Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and a Liverpool recovering from a Cup exit scoring wins. Spurs and United to take a point each. Stoke City heading up with another win under recently appointed Paul Lambert. With it a seemingly tight relegation survival battle. even Everton arent safe with their six point cushion, every point earned will be vital. Talking of Everton, the blue half of Merseyside, after a reasonable December, a defeat against Bournemouth sent Everton on a so far winless January and should the prediction against Leicester be correct, then it will be definitely the Blues for the Toffees. City who had a bad December, have had quite a good January and could if they keep winning secure a place in Europe so long as they can keep on top of Burnley.
Southampton look to get out of their situation this week as they host Brighton and I would predict them to pull off a win with a 3-1 win. Rafa Benitez will look to finish the month with a crucial win as they host a tough Burnley side. Gloom for the Swans as Arsenal chalk up a crucial three points away from home.
It will be an interesting week so lets see how things pan out come full time Wednesday evening.