It’s Thursday once again and that can only mean one thing, Premier League predictions. Last week sadly wasn’t one of the better weeks as I only managed to predict three correct results out of ten. No correct scores last week although some teams did throw a spanner in the works. Everton continued to struggle and instead of the 2-2 draw with Spurs, the blue half of Merseyside was left with a 4-0 thrashing. Chelsea seem to be going through a rough patch and having expected them to beat Leicester at home, the Foxes to their credit, grabbed a point and a clean sheet.
Having tipped Watford to beat the struggling Southampton, the Saints nearly came away with a win but were denied by the handball goal from Doucore right at the end. It’s a shame Doucore wont received any retrospective punishment,
In the only results I did get correct, I called Liverpool beating Man City 3-2, it was in fact 4-3 but I guess City conceding 4 might have been a bit of a push. David Moyes seems to be rallying West Ham at the moment and having predicted a 2-0 win, they actually managed to put 4 put past the hapless terriers. I was close with Man Utd beating Stoke,they netted three whilst I had predicted a 4-0 thrashing.
So lets get on with this weeks round
- Arsenal 2-1 Crystal Palace Gunners shoot down Eagles
- Brighton 1-2 Chelsea Blues back on track
- Burnley 1-1 Man Utd Clarets hold United
- Everton 2-0 West Brom Toffees win in January
- Leicester City 2-2 Watford Foxes hold Hornets
- Man City 3-1 Newcastle Utd City too good for Magpies
- Southampton 1-2 Tottenham Saints in trouble
- Stoke City 2-1 Huddersfield First win for Lambert
- Swansea City 0-4 Liverpool Reds march on again
- West Ham 2-0 Bournemouth Hammers on a roll.
Some interesting predictions this week, basing it general form although I might be kidding myself with Burnley holding United and Watford drawing. That one depends on which Watford turns up mind you. Chelsea should win, you would like to think, that is unless they are making a complete hash of things like they did against Norwich, having two players sent off and having to get through via penalties, but hey thats football.