As we hit another round of Premier League fixtures, the festive programme moves ever closer, not that too many managers will be enjoying the possible nightmare that is on the cards. After a poor Week 16, week 17 turned out marginally better with 2 correct scores and 2 correct results. Never know one week I might get a big number of correct scores..anyhow, this weekend should prove more fruitful in the predictions round I would like to think, but here goes.
- Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle Utd No let up for Rafa in London
- Bournemouth 1-3 Liverpool No repeat of last time for reds
- Brighton 0-2 Burnley The Burnley dream continues
- Chelsea 2-1 Southampton The Blues win again
- Everton 3-0 Swansea City Swans grounded again
- Leicester City 2-1 Crystal Palace Foxes deny Eagles
- Man City 2-2 Tottenham Spurs halt City win run
- Stoke City 1-2 West Ham Moyes lifting Hammers
- Waford 3-1 Huddersfield Hornets win at home
- West Brom 1-2 Man Utd United win at the Hawthorns
Not predicting good things for the Toon as defeat looms again albeit it down south in London. It’s win time for Liverpool after two draws. Clarets look certain to maintain their rise up the table. Sean Dyche has done well to take the team riding high and who is to say they wont still be up there come the end of the season. That said it may only take a couple of injuries to change things.
Man City host Tottenham in what could be an entertaining draw. Im going for a 2-2 draw as Harry Kane could end their winning run. It seems that West Ham might well be on the road to the Great Escape. Four points off London rivals leaves them not far from climbing out the relegation zone and a win at fellow struggles Stoke should make that happen.
Watford woeful run should end with a home win against Huddersfield whilst Man Utd should maintain the points gap between them and City with a win at West Brom.