So another Premier League round arrives and after week nines better round of 2 correct scores and 4 correct results, I’m hoping that this week will be even more fruitful. The tie of the Premier League fixtures sees the clash of Man Utd and Tottenham at Old Trafford. The visitors though on high after the 4-1 thrashing of Liverpool, will have to make do without their leading scorer Harry Kane. Pochettino will have to look to other players to stand up as his star striker sits out with a slight hamstring issue.
Liverpool will look to bounce back as they host Huddersfield Town. The two managers are good friends although this will stop for 90 minutes as their clubs do battle. Huddersfield though go to Anfield with only one win in the Premier League although will hope to capitalise on the defensive woes of the home side.
Everton travel to Leicester in the battle between the new and the caretaker managers. Leicester have apointed Claude Puel, formerly of Southampton, whilst Everton have club legend David Unsworth in temporary charge. Leicester who won last weekend after the departure of Shakespeare (funny how they win the week after a manager is sacked) host Everton who severely need a win, some confidence, a striker, a mannequin, a cuddly…sorry sidetracked there although saying that they could have put a mannequin and it would have done better.
Crystal Palace and West Ham do battle this week, both teams struggling although West Ham have more points than the Eagles, not that would make too much difference to Bilic’s overall plight. For Palace, a second win over a London rival would do nicely.
So lets get on to the main event and see how things go this week.
- Arsenal 3-0 Swansea The Gunners make it four wins in last 5
- Bournemouth 1-2 Chelsea Key win for the Blues on
- Brighton 1-2 Southamption Saints win against South coast rivals
- Crystal Palace 1-1 West Ham Honours even, not good for both sides
- Liverpool 3-0 Huddersfield Liverpool bounce back as Town crash
- Leicester City 2-0 Everton 2 wins in a row for City
- Man Utd 1-1 Tottenham United get point against Kaneless Spurs
- WBA 0-3 Man City City stroll to another win.
- Watford 2-1 Stoke City Watford continue to surprise
- Burnley 2-2 Newcastle Utd Four goal thriller